Sector101 Frequently Asked Questions List
List Updated 9th February 2020
- What is Sector101 and who is involved with it?
- I wish to order an item - Is it in stock? How secure is my payment?
- Can I use another payment method instead of PayPal?
- Can you ship worldwide? What shipping methods are used? How long does it take?
- Can you offer combined shipping to reduce shipping costs?
- The PayPal button only allows me to order one item. How do I order multiple items?
- I have ordered an item but have not received an order confirmation.
- What is your returns policy?
- What is the build quality of Sector101 products?
- Can you offer support regarding the use of a Sector101 product?
- Can I Pre-Order a product that is currently out of stock?
- Are there customer reviews for your products?
1. What is Sector101 and who is involved with it?
Sector101 is a single-person hobby project based in the United Kingdom.
Please see the About Sector101 page for more details.
You can contact me directly at
2. I wish to order an item - is it in stock? How secure is my payment?
The stock status of all items is indicated on the Home Page and on each item's page.
If an item is out-of-stock then this will be indicated. The PayPal buttons for that item will be disabled whilst the item is out-of-stock.
Your payments are handled by PayPal though an encrypted https connection. No payment information is gathered by Sector101 during the payment process. After the payment process is complete PayPal will email me the details of the item you ordered and your shipping details. Only PayPal will know your card or bank details.
3. Can I use another payment method instead of PayPal?
If you do not wish to use PayPal I can accept Direct Bank transfer instead - this is for UK Bank transfers only. UK customers can also pay using Cheque / Postal Order. Please email me for further information.
4. Can you ship worldwide? What shipping methods are used? How long does it take?
I can ship worldwide to most destinations. I will try to use a Tracked delivery service depending on the destination. Sometimes Tracked is unavailable for certain destinations - in this case I will opt for Registered Mail if available. I will email the tracking information to you after I have shipped an item.
There are some countries I cannot ship to. These include some South America countries, some Slavic countries, and parts of the Far East. If you make an order requesting shipping to any of these regions I may cancel the order and will refund your payment within 24 hours. Please email me first before requesting delivery to any of these regions.
Delivery times depend on the destination and the internal mail system for that country. For the UK the delivery time is usually next day. For Europe it is usually 5-10 working days. USA can be 7 - 10 working days.
5. Can you offer combined shipping to reduce shipping costs?
If you order two or more products I will try to package them up in one parcel to reduce the shipping costs. PayPal gives me the option of refunding part of a payment so if the shipping cost is reduced I can easily refund the saving back to you. There is an insurance limit of £250 on a single package so if the total value of the items exceed this then I will need split the shipment over multiple packages.
6. The PayPal button only allows me to order one item. How do I order multiple items?
The PayPal buttons are configured to allow quantities that are normal for a single synth unit.
If wish to order a larger quantity of the same expansion or multiple items please email me at
7. I have ordered an item but have not received an order confirmation.
I aim to confirm an order within 24 hours using the email address that PayPal gives me with your order details. If you have not received a confirmation within this time please ensure that the email address you used for the PayPal payment is one you currently use. Also please check your Spam / Junk folders.
If there is an issue with your order and I cannot get in contact with you then I will refund your payment in full within 5 working days.
8. What is your returns policy?
If you believe that you have received a defective product please contact me first. You will need to return the product back to me for analysis. If I find the product is defective I will refund your payment and refund the cost of having it shipped back to me. I cannot offer refunds for any products ordered in error, incorrectly installed, tampered with, or if you change your mind after receiving a product.
9. What is the build quality of Sector101 products?
Sector101 products are built to the highest quality standard in the electronics industry. I have been trained to the IPC-610 standard for electronics assembly and the highest Class 3 quality standard is applied to all Sector101 products. The focus is on building a product that will equal or exceed the quality level of the unit it is to be installed into. All the electronic parts used on Sector101 products are sourced from reliable UK vendors. Fake components from eBay, AliExpress, and all Chinese vendors are strictly avoided.
10. Can you offer support regarding the use of a Sector101 product?
I have limited time so please understand that I cannot walk a user through using a product with their synth unit. If you are thinking of ordering a memory expansion for your unit please read the manufacturer's manual regarding the use of the expansion first.
For Sector101 products like the Waveblade / Datablade / SR-JV ROMulator I have created user manuals for these items - you can get these on the Downloads Page.
11. Can I Pre-Order a product that is currently out of stock?
Apologies, I do not process pre-orders for any Sector101 products.
12. Are there customer reviews for your products?
From September 2019 I have been sending review invitations to recent customers. You can see the Review Page HERE.
If you have any other query please contact me at
End of F.A.Q